Friday, August 7, 2009

Here we go...

I used to blog quite a bit over at Diaryland, circa 2000-2006. I think I shut down my blog (and pretty much stopped the freelance music journalism I was doing) around the time I took a full-time writing gig at a university. I’ve moved on to a different, nonwriting, job and lately I’ve been wanting to start up again.

And so the new “delicut” was born. But I had no clue what I wanted to do with my blog this time around. The old Diaryland Deli-cut was basically me recounting my adventures in Chicago, whether personal or professional (OK, if going to concerts and interviewing lunatic rockers counts as “professional”). This time, I knew I didn’t want to get as personal but I didn’t know exactly what that left.

Today, driving home from work on Lake Shore Drive, it occurred to me what I should write about: my version of life in Chicago. It could be a tip on a great restaurant, an account of something crazy that happened on our transit system, the CTA (which was the subject of many a rant on D’land), links to crazy local stories, reviews of concerts, tales of debauchery with my peeps — the stuff that amuses me and makes me love this crazy-ass place.

So that’s what it’s gonna be, gosh darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment