Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yes lady, you may rob me

Stopped in an odd little antiques shop in the 'hood today. Their hours sign actually says something like, "When furniture is on sidewalk, we're open." There was furniture on the sidewalk, so in I went. There was a vase in the window I'd been eyeing for awhile, so I asked how much it was. The owner was looking for a price (and I don't know why, but half the junk in there doesn't have a sticker). I noticed a sticker on the lip and pointed it out. "So, it's $15?" I asked.

She hesitated a minute, then started picking the sticker off and said, "That's how much I paid for it, so obviously it will have to be more." Then she tried to sell it to me for $30. A 100% markup! Is she totally insane? You don't take a price sticker off something then try to double its price. I think I'm done with that lunatic, although she does have some Tiki salt and pepper shakers for $2.50. Well, unless that was the price she paid for them or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment